Adult, Dislocated Worker & Youth Programs
Request for Proposals Period has ended, no others will be accepted.!!!! for PY 2019-2020 Adult, Dislocated Worker or Youth Programs.
To be eligible for an adult program, an individual must meet these criteria:
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Be low income
- Meet Selective Service Requirements
- Reside in the Turning Point Region
- Be in need of a service
To be eligible for dislocated worker programs, an individual must meet at least one of the following criteria: Individual has been terminated or laid off and…
- is eligible for or has exhausted unemployment compensation
- not eligible for unemployment compensation due to insufficient earnings
- a permanent closure was announced
Or the individual is…
- employed at a facility that it will close within 180 days
- unemployed as a result of economic conditions after being self-employed
- a displaced homemaker
How Do We Serve?
Services are provided through the NCWorks Career Centers and directed primarily to Adults and Dislocated Workers. The levels of services are core, intensive, and training. Core services include outreach, intake and eligibility determination. Intensive services may include comprehensive and specialized assessments of skill levels, counseling and the development of an employment plan. Training services include on-the-job training, skills upgrade, job readiness training and others. Workforce Specialists at the Centers can assess individuals accordingly.